Tag Archives: NetBeans

Error: The java DB location is not set correctly

When I ran an application on NetBeans IDE 7.0.1, it popped out this message:

“The java DB location is not set correctly”

I went to the menu “Window” –> services, then a new window was shown on the left panel. I changed the DB location to “D:\glassfish\javadb” where the java DB located in my computer. Problem is solved. :)

Error: com.google.appengine.tools.admin.JspCompilationException: Failed to compile jsp files.

I tried to upload an Java application to appengine.google.com, but it shows: org.apache.jasper.compiler.AntCompiler generateClass

……
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.JspCompilationException: Failed to compile jsp files.
Unable to update app: Failed to compile jsp files.

I searched online and found it’s the problem about jdk.

I ran javac at C: , it failed. It shows that it’s really the problem about jdk.

I checked the path definition in the environment setting of the computer. The path to jdk is really wrong. I changed to D:\java\jdk1.7.0\bin; which is where the jdk is located on my computer.

I upload the application again. It works.

NetBeans Error: Access to Tomcat server has not been authorized

I ran a Web application project. I kept getting a message saying:

Access to Tomcat server has not been authorized. Set the correct username and password

with the “manager-script” role in the Tomcat customizer in the Server Manager.

I checked the tomcat-users.xml in the “conf” folder of Tomcat, and added the 2 lines as below:

  <role rolename=”manager-script”/>
  <user username=”user” password=”user” roles=”manager-script”/>

It still didn’t work.

Late on, I found I made two mistakes:

1) I changed the wrong tomcat-users.xml. I had two Tomcat in my computer.
2) I didn’t remove this: <!–  –>. Within this, everything is ignored.

Now, it works :)))))))))))