斑竹 2009年9月18日 23:32:24
如果你的SIN卡号、生日、等等个人信息丢失了，警察会提醒你要注意“protect your identity”, 这里protect 有人identity可以理解为别让别人冒充了你。
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Please call CIBC Telephone Banking at 1-800-465-2422. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In addition to this, I strongly recommend that you place a fraud alert on your credit file by contacting the Credit Bureau, in order to prevent malicious individuals from applying for credit in your name. The two main Credit Bureau agencies in Canada are Equifax and TransUnion. You can reach Equifax at 1-877-323-2598 and TransUnion at 1-866-525-0262.
You should also:
• Contact PhoneBusters: 1-888-495-8501
- To file a report
• Contact Creditors
- Contact all financial institutions and review the transactions on your accounts (e.g. mortgages, loans, lines of credit, deposit accounts, investment accounts) and identify any discrepancies
• Contact Local Police
- To file a police report
• Contact Local Post Office
- To advise of identity theft and to verify if there have been changes to your postal address
• Contact Telephone/Utility/Service Providers/Agencies
- To report identity theft and to determine if new services have been obtained in your name, or changes to your existing services have been made
- If possible, establish a password to ensure no changes can be made to
your account without your authorization
• Contact Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- To protect you SIN card
• Contact Passport Office
- To determine if a new passport has been obtained in your name
• Contact Canada Revenue Agency
- To determine if income tax fraud has occurred in your name
• Contact Provincial Government
- To protect your birth certificate, drivers licence, health card
Thank you for using Online Banking.